Hotel owners finds rabbit in shower
Patricia O'Donnell got more than she expected when she went to water the window boxes at the Armadillo guesthouse in Edinburgh, she discovered bedding, food, a water bowl and a rabbit ln the shower unit of a guest room!
Despite having run the guesthouse for twenty years, nothing prepared her for the shock of discovering the rabbit. She explains how she stumbled onto the bathroom bunny "The family - a mum, dad and daughter - checked in and about an hour later went out to visit the castle. I thought I'd better go and water the window boxes, but when I got to their door there was a do not disturb notice on the handle. That was odd because they'd only been there a short time, so I got the jug of water, went into the bathroom and almost died when I saw this rabbit! I got such a fright the water went all over me."
She could see the poor animal was in distress and shaking, so called the SSPCA, who were just as shocked as Patricia when they arrived. The officer told the family to take the rabbit to a local farm, but instead they complained that most guesthouses allow animals! The family were asked to leave and did so without fuss.
"You see some bizarre things running a guest house - I could probably write a best-seller, and this would be one of the chapters. I don't know what to expect next, maybe a horse in the shower?"
Let's hope not!
Petside: Get Started
- Kitten Life
Learn about the different life stages of your Kitten and much more!
- Puppy Life
Everything you need to know about raising a Puppy, all in one place! Check it out.
- Find a Breed
Browse dog and cat breeds to find your perfect pal.
- Diagnose a Condition
Use PetVet to research what's ailing your pet.